This nacho dip is incredibly creamy and is packed with whole ingredients (veggies, cashews, and spices). Our compliments to Tasty for this absolutely amazing Vegan Queso.
(Makes 2 cups)
1 cup raw cashews
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, sliced
1-2 serrano or jalapeño peppers, seeded and sliced
½ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ cup vegetable stock
⅓ cup nutritional yeast
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1 cup non-dairy milk
Cilantro, to serve
Tortilla chips, to serve
1. Add cashews to a small bowl and cover with boiling water and soak for 1 hour.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the onion begins to soften.
3. Add carrots and chiles. Continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the chiles are tender. Add cumin and chili powders, and stir well to coat the vegetables.
4. Increase heat to medium-high and add the vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer before covering and cooking for 15 minutes. Once the carrots are tender, transfer to a blender.
5. Add the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and milk substitute to the blender on top of the sautéed vegetables. Puree until smooth and creamy, adding more milk to adjust the consistency if necessary.
6. Pour mixture into a shallow bowl or serving dish. Garnish with additional chiles and freshly chopped cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Here are a few more recipes from iHeartVegans you may like:
Follow iHeartVegans on Facebook